Saturday, April 25, 2009

Facebook

Over the past few months I have been getting better acquainted with the Facebook social network on the internet. Through Facebook I have found long-lost high school friends and regained communication with former classmates, college buddies, students, friends from my workplaces and former love interests.

In one case, it has been quite therapeutic to find that one of my past serious relationships which came to a less-than-lovely end has produced a positive new beginning; over the years we each have learned some important life lessons and, amazingly enough, we have picked up the pieces and are forming a friendship. A negative experience which haunted me for years has now been made into a positive. God is with us always, and only He knows what can heal the soul.

I have to admit, upon looking at my contact list on Facebook, there are some pretty amazing people I am proud to call my friends. They hail from all walks of life, all backgrounds and all cultures. Each, in his or her own way, is an amazing person and I feel very blessed to have been given the opportunity to connect or re-connect with each of them.

No comments: