Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pet Peeve

Can someone PLEASE tell me how a cell phone call can be so important that it is necessary to take the call while sitting on a toilet in a public restroom? There are a number of reasons I can list to justify the rudeness of this action, but for the sake of brevity and me not getting up on the soapbox, I'll include the most obvious ones here:

1) No one else in the bathroom wants to hear the telephone conversation.

2) This is just a guess, but the person on the other end of the call does not want to be subjected to the detailed sounds of a public restroom.

3) Isn't the person in the restroom on the phone even just the slight bit embarrassed about any possible 'accidental' noises they may emit?

4) What if the person in the restroom drops the phone in the toilet? I guess this one would be the solution to all of the above...

The biggest question is - - - IS NOTHING PRIVATE ANYMORE!????

No comments: