Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The International Festival

March 12, 2008

The International Festival at Lola’s school was a huge success! There were hundreds of people there, so many that it was impossible to move down the hallways to sample all the goodies without moving at a snail’s pace. There was a huge array of food - - from Mexico, Bolivia, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Greece, Germany, China, Colombia, and of course Russia! All the foods were delicious. In addition, there was an exhibit of items from a few countries - - such as dolls, games and trinkets. A Latino band was booked to play in the cafeteria on stage, and the children loved dancing to their music.

I must say I’m very proud of Lola - - she was one of the few children there who went to eat, then later came back to help me serve my fat little blini! It was fun for both of us and I can only hope that we can participate in a similar activity next year!

No comments: