Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Saturday, April 20, 2008

OK, I now have a clean house - - well, at least the main floor. The rest of the house needs some attention. In spite of the rest of my house being a little cluttery, I must say I cannot function in my kitchen unless it is spotless. Kimmi came over last night to take Lola out for dinner and a movie and they had a blast! While they were having fun I was doing my Spring Cleaning. They left the house at about 5:30pm and came back at about 8:30pm to an immaculately clean main floor. Ohhhhh. I had about 15 minutes to spare before they came back to just SIT on the sofa in the living room and marvel at how much I really do love my townhome when it’s clean and clutter-free. It was almost like a meditational experience. It was peaceful. It was tranquil. It was CLEAN. Ahhhhhhhhh…

…it did not last long…

The phone rang and I heard a voice say “Hi, MOM!!!” It sounded like Kimmi, and she will say stuff like that to be silly so I said “Hi! How was the movie?” The voice said “Oh, good! Movie finish - - we drive home now!” I realized for a split second Lola’s English is improving so much daily and at time her diction is so clear that I really did mistake her for Kimmi for a second or two.

When Lola came home, she was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the living room. I had secretly hoped the impression was great enough to inspire her to pick up after herself more. It’s a process - - I see improvement in her making sure the lights are turned out when she leaves a room, and she is being more responsible when it comes to putting her clothes in the laundry basket when they need to be washed. It is definitely a process…

No comments: