Monday, March 9, 2009

Fashion Advice

The other evening Lola and I were watching one of our favorite TV shows - - “What NOT to Wear” - - and Lola commented that perhaps the people on this show should come and pay me a visit.

I said teasingly, “Oh, so you think my wardrobe is pretty awful?” and she said, “Some of your things are cute, but most are really BORING, Mom!”

To Lola, BORING = earthtone colors, including black, brown and gray. And, yes, I do have some, but I would say about half of the closet contains bright colors and prints as well. Hey, I’ve come a long way since my ultra preppy-conservative-dressing teaching days. At least I think so.

Anyway, I told her if she wanted to come with me the next time I buy any new clothes for myself (which is close to never since about December 2007 – ha ha ha - - we both know she despises shopping, so fat chance on her sitting patiently while I try on items of clothing) she can help me choose some things. She seemed ok with that and we went back to watching the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?